Monday, August 29, 2011

stitched postcard swap - August 2011

Yes, the theme was bloom, and I took inspiration from my "Bloom where you are planted" yarn bomb piece. I sent it all the way to Kentucky! To Donnalee.




And I got one in return - from mixed media artist Susan Mulder. She has a blog of her wonderfully interesting art, and a second blog for a project called the Ironing Board Project. I love these sunflowers, and the stitching which brings such texture to the piece. Thank you Susan!







Thank you Beth for another swap project that brings much excitement and joy!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Capt Plaknit!
    Just stumbled across your blog, great to see a Perthite making lovely things! I've seen a bit of guerrilla stitching around Perth, like the bike racks outside the QV1 building, but had no idea who these phantom stitchers were :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne - thanks for your lovely comments! :) Just to clarify - I am not sure who covered the bike racks outside QV1 either, but very glad to see more guerilla yarn installations too!

    ReplyDelete